Saturday, November 29, 2014

I am a collector of a variety of things including china, silver and of course, shoes!
But one of my greatest loves is the Dept 56 holiday pieces.  I so look forward to the GD  having these in her home:

These are pieces I do not mind if GD plays with; I want her to learn to be gentle with her future heirlooms.

This time of year starts me thinking about editing - which usually causes me to find items I have not used in a while~I like this journey necklace but have not worn it in over a year:
 
I need to go thru more things but I normally wait until the new year:
But this photo made me go in search of this blue topaz necklace:
I am not tan - just a low light flash!  I need to wear & enjoy my stuff - 
this year was the 60th birthday so time is marching on!!
Do you plan to take inventory in the new year & find some new "old" things?
Linking up with these fabulous bloggers here

5 comments:

  1. The blue topaz necklace is a treasure - so beautiful. I do take inventory a couple of times a year - January is a good time to do it, I think. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seeing a ton of that Dept. 56 stuff coming through the thrift shops now.

    Happy upcoming 60th!!!

    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/2014/11/counting-down-being-visible-and-hat.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of those necklaces! I always try to clean out my closet and drawers and I usually find things I forgot about!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I love the necklace, topaz, and I wish I would have gotten into Dept 56 early on. I dnt own any , but my mother in law has a big collection she displays each year. Love it!
    from the link up,
    please stop by, jess xx
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That necklace is gorgeous!!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

"