Friday, January 3, 2014

What I might be 'wearing' in the new year..........
As I channel surfed today, I saw the movie "Sex in the City" was on and I happened to stop when the indefatigable Samantha states, 'Yes, I love you but I love me more'.
Southern girls are reared (you raise corn, you rear children) to put everyone ahead of themselves - to put ourselves first in line is a mind-blowing concept - and I am willing to give it a try!
Love actually  -  that is what I may be wearing in the new year - and I think it will look great on me!

Organization is on my mind & I use a variety of make up brushes - so I found this paint brush holder & it is the perfect fit for my vanity:


I also want to organize some of my everyday make up & the items must coordinate with my decorating scheme, so I bought some of these boxes that will look pretty on my armoire:
Now if I can keep everything in its place, life will be good!

If you visit, please feel free to leave your site in the comments section, as I am happy to follow back - it's fun to discover new blogs.

My thought for the day:
Do not let your past rob your future. Each new day is a chance to make a new beginning. Count your blessings, live with gratitude and love with all your heart.

10 comments:

  1. That is a tall order after a life time of not putting yourself first! Good Luck and have some fun with it!
    tam@ spinstersnacks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year love! I hope the weather is not too brutal - I am preparing a post about the new Dior spring collection & that should get us in the mood for nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your thought for today! Very wise!
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, Mimi! Have a wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paint brush holder is a great idea.

    Wonderful to have you celebrating the New Year at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. the paint brush older is a great idea. I use decorative boxes too. I have sooo many. Love them. Thank you so much for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop so much fun Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was on another blog and saw your paint brush holder and that is brilliant.
    I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2014/01/clever-chicks-blog-hop-68-with-two.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be lighted to join you & look forward to seeing everyone!
      Thanks for you kindness@

      Delete
  7. Always looking for more organizing ideas! Thank you for sharing at Take It On Tuesday! ~Kelly @ Eyes On The Source

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for organizing your brushes! The boxes are very pretty. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of using a paint brush holder for the makeup brushes! Thanks for sharing your post at the party!

    ReplyDelete

"