Thursday, January 4, 2018

 I got this advent cosmetic calendar for myself and it has been fun trying new products.

I will not use everything but the DIL will take them.  I have wanted to try Paula's Choice Skin Perfection which was included and the Clark's Botanical Age-Defying Radiance Cream is new to me and has a nice soft rose fragrance. 

This time of year gets me in an 'organize' mood so I have been going through items I have not used in years, like this turquoise necklace - as a matter of fact, I am putting it up for sale on Etsy since it is a vintage piece.
  I keep my silver in an armoire that is lined with tarnish resistant material and it is very effective - but if a piece is not used frequently it will need some minor cleaning.  I also keep the platinum pieces in this one.
I have a separate armoire for the gold pieces.

I had a bunch of bananas that were past their prime so my Banana Walnut Bread is in order.  I have tweaked this recipe over the years and am happy with how this turned out.  There are still several batches of bread & muffins in the oven ~ I doubled the recipe.  Since it is only 22 deg here in the South, a marathon baking session is perfect timing!
 This has been my trusty kitchen companion for over 20 yrears.  I could not get along without it!
Recipe
3 1/2 cups  Flour (all purpose)
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tb vanilla
1 tsp nutmeg & 1/2 tsp allspice (optional)
4 eggs
2/3 cup water and 1 cup veg oil
2 -2 1/2 cups of mashed bananas
1 cup nuts- walnut or pecan
 Spray the pans with non-stick spray - Heat oven to 350 deg
Combine everything in a large bowl and pour into pans
Bake for about an hour - until firm ~ I always use a toothpick to test the center - it should come out clean.
This freezes well.

                                        Etsy shop:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSweetPinkShop?ref=hdr_shop_menu
New things will be listed everyday as the brick & mortar shop is closed.

Vintage Gucci purse recently added! 


  Pink isn't just a color ~ it's an attitude! 

~ All items purchased by me unless otherwise noted ~
                               Linking up with these fabulous bloggers here

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic recipe, look fantastic!
    Great post dear, so nice and interesting, love it!
    Have a nice day! ♥

    New review post is on my blog. ♥
    Visit me here: http://thestoryofagothic.blogspot.rs/
    Maleficent ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear by my kitchenmaid too - couldn't bake without it...that banana & walnut bread sounds scrummy. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun Advent calendar. #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this advent cosmetic calendar. It's very interesting ❤️❤️❤️

    I follow you: Visit and follow ----> Marija's blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That advent calendar is remarkably unique! I bet you did have lots of fun with it! Thanks so much for sharing and for joining my link up!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! And banana bread is always a favorite! I use my dad's recipe and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. u got some great beauty items to try.. i really like the philosophy cleanser... nice recipe too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi can i exclude the baking soda or replace it with something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not dear as that is part of the leavening agent.

      Delete
  9. That recipe looks really good! I cant wait to try it! Thanks for sharing.

    ~ Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. The room scents sound perfect. I haven't tried Philosophy, but my daughter-in-law loves it. Thank you for sharing your banana bread recipe at Party in Your PJ's! Would be perfect warm with melted butter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Banana Bread looks awesome! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

"