Saturday, February 20, 2016

The snow arrived!  And of course by next weekend it will be 60 degs!  Only in the South.
I am grateful for the moisture as we have had drought on the acreage for the past year - I worry that someone will throw out a cigarette and catch the 30ac on fire.

I am using this new Color 10 in 1 from L'Oreal - it's called a spray protector and helps with 10 diff hair issues: 1-Protection  2-Shine  3-Softness  4-Consistency of hair fibers  5-Smothness  6-Detangling  7-Easier blow dry  8-Anti-breakage  9-Protects against the look of split ends
10-Helps reduce frizz
I am glad it has UV filters and I like the shine it provides ~ I was able to skip instant conditioner after showering.  There was also noticeable volume after blow drying - it's a keeper!

OPI's spring collection has some lovely colors - and since I had 20% off one item at Ulta, I purchased "Spare Me a French Quarter".  This is a gorgeous berry color that will be great all year.

I don't know why I am smiling because my head has hurt for 2 days even with the heavy hitter pain meds.  But that is the thing about migraineurs - we feel that we have to soldier on and put on the happy face.  It's exhausting and it really does not fool anyone - most of the family can look at my eyes and know that the headache monster is here.  But I just refuse to miss any more time with my grandchildren - I resent the time I have lost but after 4 brain surgeries there is no more to be done.
So I choose to smile!
Be well my loves.

Pink isn't just a color ~ it's an attitude!

                                          Linking up with these fabulous bloggers here

16 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you suffer with such awful headaches. My mother also did and we appreciated all her efforts at normalcy. Good for you to smile and carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your migraines - I had them for many years but they seem to have receded. And thanks for the tip on that hair spray, sounds like a winner! xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pretty pink polish!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That OPI polish is just too pretty!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hair is short, very straight and white. I would love a good hair spray that would make it shiny. Very empathetic about your h/a. I am a retired nurse who specialized in pain management and migraines are a devil to handle. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter went thru a few years of migraines but has been free of it for several years now. Wishing you the best. It is a horrible thing to experience. I love the pink nail polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your migraines - I hope you're feeling better and you look great (even with a headache) Love that hair product too! Thanks for sharing at our #OTM link up ~ Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad migraine and I do hope you are fully recovered. You certainly looked amazing, especially considering how bad you were feeling! Love the Opi nail polish, that is one of my favourite brands. Thank you so much for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Hop community!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am an OPI girl and a migraine girl too! I love the names of the colors of polish. My favorite right now is an aqua color "I can' find my Czechbook". I get migraines for 3 days and like you, I keep going on through the pain and the pain med hangover!!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!


    Eye Makeup Palettes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your heart....I use to have severe migraines so I know the pain. You are strong to be able to power through the pain to spend time with your grandchildren. I would do anything, pain or danger, for mine. I am visiting from Merry Monday. Love that OPI nail color!

    Hope you feel better soon!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that nail color! feel better soon ♥ stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear that you've been in pain with your migraines and amazing that you're soldiering on to spend time with your grandkids - inspirational. Thank you for linking up this update at #sharethejoy x (Michelle Reeves from The Joy Chaser and The Essex Barn)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are simply lovely, my friend, and the nail color is quite stunning.

    I am so sorry to hear about your migraines - they can be so painful. I truly hope you are feeling much better.

    Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

  15. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete

"