Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My heart is broken - my best friend is moving out-of-state & I understand it but still hate it.  We have so much in common - we can even go a month & not see each other & we just pick up & keep going.  I have shed tears over this but she will be closer to her daughter & grandchildren and I want this for her.  But I can't stop the tears.  I am going to need a new bottle of Jack Daniels.

OK, apparently I need to fill my day so maybe I should reconsider my closet-here are a few pics but I still cannot reach up very far so I just may be brave & pull out pieces I have not worn in a long time - this will need to include my handbag collection:

This end of the walk-in has a full length mirror in the middle & surrounded by peg board so I can hang things up(I refuse to show the floor=things that are not hung up!!)
I am someone that must carry the world around with me so some of these bags are not large enough but were gifts - I know that is no excuse not to de-clutter!  I guess I could find a consignment shop esp for the things that still have tags on them.  But you know how it goes - as soon as something is gone, I will want it back!  Is there a pill for that??
I have a bag similar to the one shown on  http://www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com/
Both of mine are Dooney & Bourke & have never been used but I probably will eventually!
This was yesterday's weather:
and today it is bright & sunny = spring in the South! Hope you are having good weather.
I am off to visit:  http://searchingtheinnerme.blogspot.pt

7 comments:

  1. I love the Gucci with the pink accents... You should do a feature with me for my SHE BAGS segment on my blog, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie; yes I could buy another home if they would take payment in my bags!!
      I am with you - pink & Gucci go together beautifully!! I have a wallet to go with this somewhere in that closet!

      Delete
  2. Hopping over from Seeker's Tres Chic Style Bits!

    I can relate about bestfriends leaving. My BFF left the Philippines to move to the US and after a couple of years, I followed her! Now she lives 25 miles away from me and I just love it. Not saying you follow her but I know when you say it's breaking your heart she's leaving.

    I envy your bag collection! Should you decide to bring them to a consignment shop, it feels like they've hit the jackpot. Maybe you can try with just one bag and see how it goes. Parting with a lot of them will be hard for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great handbag collection, dear!!
    Sorry to hear your BFF is leaving near from you, that can be tough.
    Thank you so much for linking with Très Chic Style Bits
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry your friend is leaving. It's so hard. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your handbag collection <3 Sigh, now I feel covetous

    ReplyDelete

"